The Last Polaroid.

Next Friday [09.10.09] is the day the last batch of Polaroid film will pass its use-by date; and 60 years of instant Polaroid photography comes to an end...
There is a glimmer of hope though! It was early 2008 that the factories starting closing and ceasing to produce those crazy clever chemicals that allow the film to develope inside the camera. But, as you might have heard, The Impossible Project are on a mission, attempting to restart the complicated production of said chemicals, and film paper. Lets hope it works!
It'll be interesting to see the results, as people inevitably continue to use their remaining films, despite being past their best. Hopefully the magic Polaroid camera will only produce more imperfections, the colours even richer and more enigmatic.
Since its sort of impossible to take a bad Polaroid - such is their power to beautify everything - there is a vast wealth of pretty pictures I could choose to feature, but I'd like to tip my cap to a few of my favourite Polaroid photographers...


Andrew Kuykendall

4 comments:

janet said...

hello,
please check out the music video showcasing the s/s 2010 collection for my line graey: http://tinyurl.com/graeyss10
xoxo

Miy said...

hai, Dreamy.. I'm DreaMiy.. I was blogwalking and I found your blog. Nice. ;)

Miy said...

I was blogwalking through several blogs and I found your blog from those links.

Sorry I can't answer your curiosity, I forgot which specific address leads me to you. But I'm glad i find you. :)

Fiona Jane said...

Hey Dreamy, Nice to see your blog. It as very inspiring - especially these pictures. xxx

www.spotding.com