sWAPPing


I'd like to raise discussion on the joys of Clothes Swapping. Yes. It's an old topic. But I have only just recently popped my swapping cherry. I had actually aquired enough pieces I believed to be good enough treasures to pass on, yet felt happy with releasing them for a more suitable home. [I think I hoard a bit too much, which probably stems from a strong dislike of wastage.... wasting money.. wasting materials... wasting some distant underpaid worker's stitching efforts].
Anyway, apart from aquiring a big pile of goodies to pass on it seems important that you partner yourself up with someone/people with what you consider to be marvelous taste. Ooor maybe you admire someone with a completely different look and you fancy trying it out for a while... the free clothes at a swap party equals great opportunity... Personally I like the one-on-one approach where it's more like exchanging gift bundles of second-hand pieces, specially curated for your friend.

Having gifted a vintage Liberty's coral angora jumper, a rather lovely but unsuitable primark belt, some Topshop, more vintage and jewellry; I have new shoes, books [actually that's a rather romantic idea... book swapping parties... share your read stories], and err, a vast array of exciting vintage additions. Further photos of which are sure to find their way onto here... above are some photos of one of the prettiest pieces.

2 comments:

cody said...

thanks for your comment.
the old effect is one of the imovie effects.


xx cody

CindieMcelvain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.