... i PiCKED UP A PENCiL ....



I have mentioned before how there are many inspiring illustrators [both professional and ameteur] sharing their talent on the internet. I'm particularly drawn to pencil illustration - normally [sin of all sins! according to an old art tutor] copied from a photograph. So I finally turned that inspiration into action. And, after a year or two's break, I promised to attempt an authentic pencil rendition of a photo. Oooo it is such a relaxing activity...

It's not finished yet, but can you guess who it is?

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Natalie Portman! I saw Garden State again the other day - love that film and she is truely beautiful. The blue lighting is especially good. x

Anthem said...

Gorgeous drawings. I'm drawn to pencil also. You can create amazing shading and textures with minimal effort.

mynaturalanthem.blogspot.com

The Brandery said...

Hi! Congratulations for the blog! I see that you are interested in fashion and trends. So, from The Brandery, we want to inform you that, after the success of its first edition in July 2009, the Barcelona trade show of urban and contemporary fashion is back again in January 2010 (27, 28 and 29).

The show is already in its countdown! And we have activated our Facebook page, Twitter and other social networks, where the brands and the visitors begin their experience with "The Brandery". We are in touch, anyway :)

Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin, Flickr or Youtube

Anonymous said...

I believe this is Kate Winslet.

-Marlene A.