aCCRUEiNG viNTAGE on the sOUTHERN coast...

A few weeks ago I went to visit a friend down in BRiGHTON! [I feel that this town full of personality doesn't get much of a mention among British blogs, so here I go and do my bit.]
The weather was wonderful, she had to leave me alone during the days; and consequently I spent a lot of time trawling the shops in the amazing North Laine nearby], taking many pictures of the goodies in my favourite bric-a-brac emporiums there.
I apologise for the weight of pictures here, its just that so many things caught my eye. . .



First I went straight for Snoopers Paradise [this shop had been living like a shining shopping haven in my memory since my last teenage visit]. It's a tightly packed supermarket of vintage and bric a brac where I would happily kit out my home...


... And lo, leather dungarees! My accompanying friend was horrified by this garment. But I see them as some wonderfully rocked up version of YSL AW09, worn with heels and dark lipstick....

...Embossed and laced and panelled and nude, these vintage girdles inspired me in an Alexander Wang meets vintage lingerie kind of way. 

After hitting all the pop up market stalls selling bargain sunglasses and an array of leather goods, I came here.... I forget the name of this shop... It was on a corner and had a fairground rocket in the window???
... It sold a perfect pastel collection of slips and lovely retro radios.

The best priced vintage prize went to Dirty Harry's [no photos]. Which was a relief after trawling a couple of second hand/ vintage places; typically selling a, *splutter*, used Primark belt for six times its original price!?


Here we took a break at one of many retro cafs...
 

Finally, Two Feathers was an absolute beauty. Selling hand crafted jewellry in silver and turquoise by  Native American artists. No photography allowed but they have an online store - worth checking out.
 

.... I leave you with a random picture of a chandelier from my disposable camera.

x

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Loving the Brighton pics! I HAVE to go to Two Feathers - it's my total and utter dream shop! Just need to get some money by the looks of it...!