FOiLED.

See her?..
Mermaid Barbie

She seems to have seeped into the shows this year, [though the designers may have
more honestly been inspired by this look from Alexander Wang?]...

[Kate Moss pic via Seven days of Kate via Cheapskate Chic]
[Upper half of Nhu Duong outfit via Stylebubble]


... It's tacky. And yes, may never be wearable... But, I like it.

If you like the look of Nhu Duong [I'm quite taken with how she quilted the foil dress
with a wave pattern, making the fabric even more mermaid-y], then watch these...




*edit* Since posting, several other shows have popped up with aquatic themed, or foil fabrics!
I've also realised that Kate Moss's dress is from this Maison Martin Margiela Artisanal collection.

4 comments:

Sophia said...

Wow, I love your blog. I've just been reading it for the past hour. I love your photoshop productions, your beautiful photos and of course, your style. I am definitely a new follower and have also put you on my blogroll. More people should be taking part in your dreamy little picture show! <3

skiepies.blogspot.com/

Kate Junior said...

I really love this type of fabric! Had so many barbie clothes made of this! Digging your blog too! xx

O said...

and Chanel too, with their under the sea theme!

http://a-norwegian-blog.blogspot.com/

Annabel said...

HEY thanks for the info on natalie joos I had no idea and now I have anew blog crush thanks to you!