ramble















To save from tagging every single item, if you'd like to know where something is 
from, leave me a question!

You may have noticed my clothes are mostly second hand (from vintage/ charity shops, ebay, or handmedowns).  I tend to buy my non-basics secondhand to chase the recycling-is-good-for-the-Earth! and bargain! highs; but especially for the thrill of having something one-off. I prefer to shop this way than to buy "trend" driven highstreet pieces, because I feel I can't justify my purchase if I'll get bored of it when I see everyone else in it. I only seem to call upon the highstreet for classic basics. Or to buy the crazy sh*t that I know no one in my local area is going to err.. have the... um.. desire to wear....
On the other end of the money scale, some designer clothes also hold that thrill of exclusivity. And hopefully if they're well made and designed you'll feel a this-is-going-to-last-me-for-ages-and-is-therefore-better-for-the-environment Brucey bonus!
As with a lot of things, I'm attracted to the polar ends of the spectrum, the middle ground just seems too... easy?... How do you guys feel about shopping?
Do you find it frustrating? Do you make your own clothes instead?
Anyway! I digress... 
Happily imagining that I have the endless budget of said designer shopper, I've played around with Polyvore. And following on from my Avigdor Arikha post... this is how I would like to dress at the moment. All pale colours, made appealing by combining textures, with a little accent of black. Unfortunately it's a look I'm finding hard to achieve with the limitations of buying secondhand!



13 comments:

Karin Lindberg said...

Actually I drew the illustrations on the side myself :) I'm so happy you like them!

Thank you so much - and right back at you! Your blog's are just wonderfoul, filled with such great inspiration! Good job.

Nina said...

ahh endless beauty, I want it all!! lol

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Annabel said...

these are buh buh buh yewtiful!

pepperandchips.blogspot.com

Lina said...

wow wow wow so much nice stuff!!!!
wana have all of it:D
thank u so much for ur comment, btw i am feeling alot better today;)
x

alexandra said...

i'm waiting for a new post! :)

DREAMY said...

Ahaha! I'm waiting for inspiration, or to be free during daylight to take photographs...!

Sophia said...

So much awesomeness! I can't handle it! <3

www.personal-uniform.com

Twobreadsplease said...

just looking at this is mentally turning me into a greedy-spend-all-my-money-before-i-have-it kinda gal. x

Briana Le & Merissa Ren said...

i'm loving this creamy+blush/mint palate!

Michele said...

SO feel the same about this! I just realized the other day that I was wearing an outfit that consisted almost entirely out of thrifted items! I just love it. You won't see anyone wearing the same item, unless that person is awesome like yourself, and I do like that it is so ANTI-consumerism! X

Jamie-Maree said...

This post is devine. The layout plus the items you have chosen are perfection. I'm a big DIYer and if your finding it hard to always find what your looking for second hand by to things and make them one-its al about adapting things.

www.airtomyearth.blogspot.com

carina carvalhais said...

i love love this post!

xx, mencantadiciembre

Faith said...

Wow! I like a lot of what I'm seeing.