Flamenco Flamingo





Secondhand top, skirt & shoes / Homemade leather clutch


Yay. Found some of the things I'd been coveting - a skirt with a bit of a kick, a v-neck top and some Marni-esque sandals - in my favourite sources: charity shops and ebay!
This unlikely skirt charmed me because it creases and wilts in that lovely way that linen does, so that it becomes a much sedated version of the original Balenciaga Flamenco; like if LaGarconne did ruffles... (actually, it looks like Balenciaga had a similar thought).
I think I'll like it even more if I give the hem a teased, raw edge...

10 comments:

Mia said...

Lovely look. The deep colour of your clutch is nice with your black and white outfit.

Bettina said...

oh my god i just found out about your blog and i am sooo impressed - such a good work! keep it up!!
young blood

moiminnie said...

Always love the way you present your posts - pure art!

duckalicious said...

I just LOVE the fact that everything you're wearing is second hand or DIY. ain't that the best? good job with the photo editing, too.

Isa said...

These are creepy. But also really cool. Mostly really cool. I think the creepy makes them cool actually.

http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

Complacency Kills said...

Beautiful find and the raw hem sounds amazing!

xx Lindsey
Complacency Kills

petal and plume said...

very, very gorgeous!
xx

Jessie said...

cool outfit! i have to say i am really impressed with the images!

Gabrielle said...

Love, love, love that look! xxx

inkarlcerating said...

TRULY INSPIRING